Wednesday, April 27, 2011

DAY 7 FOLLOW-UP: Leadership in love list

So, I made a challenge to jot down a few thoughts on what it means to feel loved, so that we can go forth and try to help others feel the same way.  Here's the part of my list that I'm willing to put on public display in this forum:

HOW DO I FEEL WHEN I AM LOVED:

I feel validated.  I feel supported.  I feel lifted-up.  I feel not-alone.  I feel warm.  I feel unafraid.  I feel important.  I feel that I matter.  I feel entertained.  I feel connection.  I feel motivated to do more and be better.  I feel that it is possible for me to do more and be better.  I feel hope that the world can be improved.  I feel that I have partners in making this world better.  I feel like I can take risks and make mistakes and even fail, but that I will be able to continue to learn and grow, and that is okay.  I feel taller.  I feel that it is okay that the Cubs are the Cubs.  I feel heard.  I feel like giving.  

I know that I appreciate it when others help me to reach these emotions through the gifts of their love.  I hope that I've been to pass some of these rewards forward to those I encountered today, and that I can continue to do so even beyond today's experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment