Thursday, April 14, 2011

Getting Ready to Count the Omer

I've never followed-through with this process before, but that does not mean it is ever too late to start.  I thank you for joining me along this journey of counting the omer - doing a bit of self-reflection on our values over the 49 days between Passover and Shavuot. 

So, how are we going to do this?
Well, 49 is a perfect square, and there is a tradition to assign each week of the omer to one of seven kabbalistic values, or sephirot, and to assign each day of the week to one of these seven sephirot.  Each day is a chance to reflect on how the various values intersect with one another.  As we get closer, I'll try posting a chart (tech-savvy skills-dependent) or at least a list of the values, so we can start getting inspired! 

I'm excited to embark on this spiritual journey, and I hope you will feel free to journey along, as well.  Feel free to post your own responses to each of these days, as well.

N'siyah Tovah - May we each have a wonderful journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment