Friday, September 11, 2015

Elul Workout #5: Dreaming

Elul Workout #5: Dreaming

With the New Year upon us, it’s time to envision what this New Year could be.  
Ask yourself:

  • If I am able to accomplish one big change in my life during 5776, what do I hope it will be?

  • When I reflect on my year right before the next High Holidays, how do I hope to feel differently than I feel right now?


Now, go and call a loved one, wish them a “Shanah Tovah,” a happy new year, and share your answers to these questions.  This person can be your “accountability partner” – helping you stay true to your own goals.  Feel free to ask them these questions, as well.

If you have enjoyed this mode of reflection, I encourage you also to sign up for 10q, a site where you can reflect on some meaningful questions about the year that has passed and your hopes for our new one.  They will send you an email each day during the 10 days between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Then, next year, they re-send you the previous year’s answers, so you can see your progress!

I wish you and your family a wonderful, meaningful, super-amazing-incredible 5776 full of health, happiness, and pickles (because they are always so delicious)!  May your dreams come true, and if they do not, may the work you do this year bring you closer to them.



No comments:

Post a Comment